HEY HEY - WE ARE COLONY
Having evolved from a vintage clothing pop-up to today's contemporary lifestyle store, the vibe of Colony has remained since 2013 - Recreational, Upbeat & Nature-loving. From day one, it has been really important that our independent, community-focused store gives an inclusive, relaxing and fun experience.
In our cheery, laid-back store in Totnes town on the beautiful South Devon coast, meet owners Claire and Giles, the awesomely lovely 'Plant Lady' Tash and the cool, creative Nic. In-store. you'll find men's and women's independent clothing and accessories labels, alongside indoor plants, books and great gifts by small indie makers. Within our space, find our teeny 'coffee stop' - kick back, hang out and enjoy our triple certified Organic Voyager coffee, roasted locally in South Devon.
Our love for nature and the environment resonates throughout our home and business lives meaning that practices, product sustainability and trace-ability are at the top of our agenda when sourcing and stocking labels. We only offer brands who's ethos is kindness both ethically and environmentally.
"With its eclectic array of bright and colourful pieces, shopping here is an instant mood booster."
- The Sunday Telegraph, Stella magazine - 'Stella Recommends' Top 50 Best Boutiques in Britain - February '19
Oh, hey Claire - Give us 3 snippets of info about you ...
- I'm from St Ives, (but was born in Truro Hospital), but insist I was born in St Ives, (because everyone loves St Ives, right?!)
- Further education for me was Performing Arts - I'm totally a frustrated Actress / Singer; my kids (literally) go crazy for me belting out a tune
- My favourite movie of all time is Jaws - and The Lost Boys and The Goonies - 70's / 80's movie heaven ...(Pretty high-brow huh?!)
Watcha Giles - Delight us with 3 facts about you ...
- I spent my youth and teenage years skateboarding and making corn circles across South Devon, (it made the local news - they thought it was aliens!)
- In a previous, (pesky) life - I bought and transported vintage VW vans from Europe back to Devon using Kansas, US number plates! (Insured on the chassis number, of course)..
- My happy place is trunking around on the River Dart, late at night, on my boat.
Oi Tash - Give us some insider facts about Tashra ...
- My maiden name is Duck - I've heard all of the jokes..
- I've lived in Nigeria, Malaysia and Singapore
- I can't leave the house without lipstick on ...I've definitely turned in to my mother!
Catch more from us on the socials #colonylifestore